Thursday, July 25, 2013

Gifts! Lots of gifts!


Remember last August when I did a whole month of handmade gifts?  It was a super fun series, complete with lots of guest posts, lots of great gift ideas, lots of round-ups and a whole lotta motivation to GIFT IT GOOD.  (Yep.  Gift it.  Gift it good.  Inspired by DEVO.  There's a disclaimer like last year.*)

I loved the series so much, I wanted to do it again!  So, I declare August HANDMADE GIFT MONTH.  I have some guest bloggers, I have some round-ups, I have some tutorials.  All about gifts and such.  Know why?  To give you that motivation you need.  You can gift handmade, I know you can.  We all have our own reasons for spending a fortune on store-bought presents.  Handmade seems daunting.  We lack inspiration.  We lack confidence.  We don't want to seem cheap.  But handmade = Thought + Time + Effort = LOVE.


And that's all there is to it.

There will likely not be a post every single day - as there was last year, but there will still be plenty of awesome ideas - promise.  AND furthermore, if you'd like to help EMAIL ME!  Yep! Looking for some more guest posts!  bugabooblog @ yahoo.com

It all starts on August 1.  1 week.  Woo!


*(Now, before I go any further, I'd like to address the offense that some of you have no doubt taken with the song I chose to base my series title on.  Before you get all tense and huffy about it, I would like to point out that this classic 80's song by DEVO has a whole lot of hype and total misunderstanding surrounding it's origins and meaning.  You know what I'm talking about, I know you do, or you wouldn't be all up in arms, so I won't go into details about the assumptions people have made and continue to make, but I will refer you to songfacts to get your facts straight.  Even the band admits that the lyrics have been misrepresented and the common understanding is simply "a myth."  Short story, this song is about getting off your duff and DOING something - anything.  It's about moving past the laziness and "whipping it" into shape.  Plain and simple.  And you know what?  I think that's  pretty appropriate for this series.  Get off your duff.  Make some presents.  Overcome the insecurities.  Just do it!  Ok, I'm done.)


*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...