Monday, September 3, 2012

A Last Hurrah.


Well, that's it.  It's over.   Done.  Finite.  

I'm talking about summer of course.  (Was there a summer this year?)

The fours officially start 4K on Tuesday.  That means they're actually IN SCHOOL because 4K is part of the school system in our area.  Unlike last year, in 3K, which was only three days a week and had no school district support.  It's a little unnerving to have a kid who's starting some honest to goodness schooling and I'm more nervous than him to make sure we don't miss out on anything we're supposed to do...

If your kids have already started school, or are about to, you may want an easy little summer-like activity to take the edge of your farewell to the season.  And this may be right up your alley.

I admit, this activity is old.  Look at those little munchkins.  They're tiny.  In fact, we did this almost exactly a year ago.  It's amazing to see how much kids change in such a short time, eh?
(I know... I even write like I'm from Wisconsin.)

Here is everything you need for this fun and easy activity:

I think I enjoy this version even better than using straight up chalk.  It doesn't rub colored dust off all over their bodies, ensuring some awesome colored foot prints on my tile floors and a march right to the bathtub after play time.
Another plus?  Easy cleanup - and not just the kids.  

Here you can see that when you paint with the water/chalk, it doesn't look like much.  Slightly colored water, that's all.  But after it dries, that's when it really shines.

Even my chalk depictions of the kids look tiny and dated.  

Happy Labor Day, by the way!



*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...