Thursday, June 21, 2012

Nope. Not pregnant.


Man.  Don't you hate it when bloggers take this break and leave you a note that's all cryptic and indecipherable and then you just assume they're probably pregnant like the rest of the crafty blogging world?  Oh, wait.  I did that.
Huh.
Well, I think I'm ready to spill the beans.  I say think, because I'm actually writing this before the fact and scheduling it for the day I assume I'll be ready to spill the beans on.  Let's just hope that doesn't change because I hit schedule already and there's no going back.  (ok, liar.  Of course I could unschedule it.  But I plan on being far away from a computer and anything crafty on this day.  What's that?  Get on with it??  Oh.)


So the thing is, I'm not pregnant.  Just wanted to dispel the rumors I'm sure are circulating - at least in your head.


But I am...


having a book published.


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


That's me simultaneously being excited and freaking out.  Because, you know, it's kind of a big deal.  Ish.  I've never had a book published before, and you might have, so maybe you're all, "whatev."  But there's a ton of work to this book thing.


Don't get me wrong.  It's a lot of fun.  But, man, a TON of work!
I'm not at liberty to disclose ALL the details yet.  (I know, I know, what a TEASE!) BUT, I can tell you that it is craft related, I've been working like a dog on projects, and the whole thing will be out for sale in January!  Nope, it's not an e-book.  It's an honest to goodness book book.  Physical, something you can hold, buy in stores, etc.  Nope, I'm not making this up.  I was asked if I was interested and contained my inner Id long enough to write a very distinguished and pulled together email in acceptance, when in fact, I felt like saying:
"Am I interested?? Let me think, um, YES! PSSSHA!"
Or something.


It's so official, I needed a head shot.  I called my amazing sister.  She didn't disappoint.


So.  I am a mess.  I am tired.  My house is a mess.  I have forgotten what day it is.  And when I last washed my hair.


My kids are a mess. My blog is neglected.   And it's totally been worth it.  Seriously.  Even though I look like this:
On a good day.  


I've got three main steps down, and there's quite a bit to go still, so I'll let you know more about it in the ensuing months.  For now, though, I have a tiny break since I've finished up the last of my projects.  So I can finally take a shower!


And now you know.  It's a baby... BOOK!




*Be sure to check the right sidebar for all the fun parties I link to!

12 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

What wonderful news! Congratulations. I'll go to the hospital, I mean bookstore, when your baby, uh, book comes out. (Haha - comes out, mental picture, hahahaha)

Michelle L. said...

So exciiiiiiting! Cannot wait to hear all about it. Shower, shmower, you are being published!

Sara Hickman designs said...

Congrats!

Sara
www.thehickmanfour.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Wow--how exciting! Can't wait to hear more about it--good luck with all you have left!

Ang said...

Congrats Kim! I'm excited to see what Your Craftiness comes up with! Good luck!

Ang said...

Congrats, Your Craftiness! How exciting & stressful for you! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! :)
Cecilia

Unknown said...

That is amazing! Good for you! I can't wait to hear more about it. The kids, house, fitting in regular showers will all come back around once the hard work is accomplished. Congrats!

Unknown said...

Woohoo! Can't wait to say 'i knew her when...'!!!!
Congrats :-)

Delia said...

Woweee. I am SO excited for you. THat's big. Can't wait until it comes out! Congratulations!

Bree said...

Congrats!!! That's so exciting & I can't wait to hear more about it. Personally I think you should just use that picture where you're wearing the green shirt as your bio picture... :)

Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

HOW DID I MISS THIS POST!?!?! Oh...wait yeah I haven't opened up my reader in two weeks.

So excited for you! A book! You'd better believe I'm gonna have that one on my shelf! Congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...